Cleaning After a Home Renovation
We all know the hassle surrounding the renovation projects and the unpleasant but still necessary major repairs. And just when you thought you had enough and all you want to do is simply lay back and enjoy your new space, there’s still a lot that has to be done.
Before you can kick up your feet, you need to complete the post-construction cleaning marathon. We’re here for you as we wait for your call, we are always ready to spare you the hassle and make your home great and suitable to rest in.
When it comes to after builders cleaning, your primary focus should be on taking care of all the dust from the construction, before it ends up in your air ducts. Probably, you’ve just seen for yourself that almost all home improvement projects produce dust particles that are terribly hard to get rid of.
If you don’t want to spend even one penny more on your Perfect Home project, then it’s about time to strap on a protective mask and get the job done. However, if you’re reasonable enough, let us talk business and tell you more about the professional after builders cleaning in London.
What is After Builders Clean and What Does it Include?
Let’s start simple. The first thing you should know is that after builders clean is NOT a standard house clean, so be precise in your Google search, will you? Be aware of unprofessional companies that are misrepresenting their services as post construction cleaning, when they are just doing regular domestic cleaning. How to know the difference – simply ask when you’re about to book a company, that you’re unfamiliar with.
Now straight to the point. In general, the after builders cleaning includes three stages:
- Initial or Rough Clean - This is the first stage of a builder clean, which involves removal of rubbish, dust and debris from all surfaces of the building. Usually, the rough clean takes place part way through the construction process. It’s common for a lot of builders to use this service before a client walk through, so any trade defects can be easily spotted and claimed as such.
- Afterwards comes The Final Detail Clean - This stage involves removal of trade defects. such as render splatter on windows, straightening grout lines and removing grout haze on tiles, the paint marks from floorboards and so much more. The change that you should see is like the difference between the night and the day. And it’s set to be done for quite less time.
- And now we get to The Exterior construction cleanup - This stage involves removing all lumber, trash and debris from the property, washing exterior windows, sweeping driveways and other paved surfaces. Have in mind that this may count as an additional service for some companies, so it’s best to talk through it.
The Disposal Process and How to Get Through it
In case you need someone to get rid of all the leftovers and deliver them to the places provided for that purpose, you’d better contact Royal Removal and use our professional services in this field as well.
That’s the fastest way to get it all done in a blink of an eye and forget about the hassle to drive around the busy streets of London, wondering where for God’s sake you’re supposed to throw away all these old parquet leftovers for example.
We know how messy the construction process may be and we’ve been through it more times that we can count (one of the reasons why we’re so good at our job). The last of the builders' crew may have already left the site but this simple fact doesn’t apply to all the dirt and dust left behind. So here’s what you should know before you Hire a Post Construction Cleaning Crew.
Choosing a Post-Construction Cleanup Service
Before you hire a post-construction cleanup service, seek multiple quotes to find the best price. Don’t stop there. Never base your decision solely on the price tag alone. It’s best to do some background research on any company you’re considering in order to make sure it is reputable, licensed, bonded and insured.
If we’re among your considerations, request a quote here or give us a call on 020 8050 2865.
Our expert cleaning crews are available 24/7/365 to come over and do the post-construction cleaning for you – quickly, safely and effectively.
What Does our After Builders Cleaning Service Include?
That’s what we have in mind when it comes to doing a thorough after builders cleaning or in other words – you can read our: POST-CONSTRUCTION CLEANING CHECKLIST:
- Professionally trained cleaning technicians
- Our own detergents and other cleaning equipment
- Disposal of any rubbish and debris left over from building works into or next to the nearby trash bins
- Professional cleaning of all floors/carpets to remove dirt and dust, and unsightly markings left by paint or plaster
- Internal cleaning of all windows, sills and window-frames from leftover debris, paint and plaster
- Cleaning of all skirting boards, wainscoting, doors and door frames, fixtures, switches and sockets
- Deep-Clean of kitchen, bedrooms, living room, bathroom and common areas, including fixtures and cupboards, to remove any dust, paint and/or plaster
- Deep hoovering of any soft furniture present
- Thoroughly clean and polish all surfaces and woodwork
- Final inspection to ensure you receive a dust-free property for healthy living.
Three Things to Undertake After the Renovation Process:
Vacuuming Carpets & Upholstery - When there’s any sort of renovation, you will have to deal with dust and dirt as well. The bad news is that it’s easy for these particles to embed themselves in curtains, upholstered furniture and carpeted floors. This may damage not only the final look of your home but also cause itchy, irritating reactions for you and your family. That’s why vacuuming all soft surfaces, while paying close attention to the details, is a must when we do our after builders cleanup. Our team of highly qualified professionals will remove and vacuum every piece of furniture cushion along with the underlying frames. Don’t worry if we have to do extra work, we will vacuum the whole property so there isn’t any residual dust after we’re done.
When it comes to all The Hard Surfaces - Simply wiping the dust is not even close to the thorough cleaning that we have in mind and conduct. We will take care of everything and by that, we mean truly everything from your kitchen table to the walls and beyond. Simply because each and every surface collects dust and dirt during even the slightest construction.We know how to clean properly without causing any damage to your freshly renovated home.
We won’t forget about the mouldings and the cabinets, which are one of the most favourable resting places for tiny dust particles. We will take care of all of the hard-to-reach corners and leave behind nothing less than perfect cleanliness.
Air Vents & The Replaceable Filters - Those are some of the top priorities if you really want to get rid of all the dust that the construction may cause. That’s why our team will remove all the vent covers from the surrounding walls and ceilings, and clean each one of them thoroughly.
Breathing dusty air can lead to allergies and respiratory issues, so this is certainly a must when it comes to proper post construction cleaning. Don’t forget to replace all the air vents covers and replicable air filters with new ones before you consider everything done.
What Affects the Cost of After Builders Cleanups?
Size of the Property - Logically, the first factor is always the size of the area. Long story short – the bigger the property is, the higher the price. If we’re talking about residential homes, cleaning costs depend on the number of rooms. When it comes to commercial spaces or office buildings, the number of floors is typically taken into account instead.
Complexity - Although we know what to expect, when we’re hired for post construction cleaning, there are times when the reality is far beyond the expectations. That’s why in some specific cases the complexity of the area that has to be cleaned is also taken into account.
Building cleanups involve clearing piles of leftover concrete, timber, or any other material that were used or not used in the construction. Your costs, however, may increase if additional labour or equipment is needed to dispose of certain materials like steel for example, which is quite heavy or asbestos, which is proven to be quite harmful.
So always clarify the details, when you’re about to book a company to get the job properly done.
Additional services - Another thing that you should have in mind, when hiring a professional company is the cost of the additional service. Some fixed-price offers or packages don’t cover areas like exterior windows on higher floors, pressure washing of driveways or pavement, and cleaning fixtures such as lights. So it’s best to go through the whole process while booking.
Combine our Cleaning Services for the Best Results
Doesn’t it seem logical to get the entire job done at once, then why don’t combine yours after builders clean with our carpet and upholstery cleaning services? No matter how hard you’ve tried, we know that every renovation comes with somehow ruined furniture or carpeting. We got you covered. Just let us do our magic and when you come back home your place will be bright and sparkle, and we can guarantee it. After all, the home of your dreams is what you wanted from the start – so why don’t you simply get it the exact way you’ve always imagined it to be? All you have to do is call and book a service that is worth it.